This year the Mainframe Awards 2022 shortlist announcement has been done with the help from students on the BFI Film Academy course at QUAD. The course is for 16-19 year olds looking for a career in the film industry.
Watch the announcement here..
You can also see below the list of amazing people, companies and projects shortlisted by our judges.
Make & Trade
Derbyshire is a hive of wonderful people who make, craft & produce. This Award will recognise someone continuing this proud tradition, selling on a small scale and making locally.
Judged By: Nicki Capewell (Pedddle and Tresstle)
- Hannah Lobley - Hannah Lobley - Wood & Paper Artworks
- Lesley So - So Good Kombucha
- Oliver Foulds - Oliver Foulds
Best Local Network
Networks, meet-ups and groups play a vital part in supporting and developing digital/creative people and their businesses. This is your chance to shine a light on your local network.
Judged By: Stephen Goddard & Chevalier Philip Brooks-Stephenson, KL (KuKu Connect)
- Rachel Hayward & Lee Marples - Derby Swap Shop Ltd
- Derbys Finest
- Banks Mill Studios
Emerging Digital/Creative Star (under 25)
Recognising an individual under the age of 25 who has made an impact on the digital/creative landscape in Derby & Derbyshire. The region’s success in the digital arena depends on talent staying in our region and the judge will look to reward the best and brightest young people for their efforts
Judged By: Phil Basi (University of Derby)
- Odhran Taylor - Goldbox Productions
- Nathan Addai - Mental Roots
- Tamika Steadman - I.Put.The.T.In.Poetry
Mainframe Unsung Hero
Is there an unsung hero in your office? Do you know someone creative who deserves to have their hardwork recognised. This is the chance to give them the kudos they deserve.
Judged By: Daniel Poole (Derby Theatre)
- Mike Brown - Derby City Council (Nominated by Stella Birks - Derby City Council)
- Shelley McBride - Derby Community Parent Programme CIC (Nominated by Emma Roberts - Derby Community Parent Programme CIC)
- Lee Marples - Derby Swap Shop Ltd (Nominated by Rachel Hayward - Ask The Chameleon/Derby Swap Shop Ltd)
Has your company found an innovative way to adapt in the current business climate? Have you created a product or service specifically for our new normal?
Judged By: Chris Hotham & Keith Cox (Bloc Digital)
- Rob Twells & Liam Nelson - The Digital Maze
- Owain Wilson & Simon Tew - Digit Music
- Erica Horne - CAD for Fashion
Best Digital/Creative Start Up
A company or organisation that has launched in the last three years and has already found a strong and loyal following, customer base or audience. The winner will have bold ambitions and clear evidence their growth plans have got off to a solid start. The judge will be looking for bright, adaptable firms not afraid of challenging the established order.
Judged By: Karen Newman (Birmingham Open Media)
- Glossop Creates
- Goldbox Productions
- Inside Theatre
Best Digital/Creative Upscaler
Are you an entrepreneur who’s business has seen rapid growth and expansion? Has your success exceeded even your own expectations? Trading for more than three years your bold plans will be paying off.
Judged By: Andrew Liddell (Creative UK)
- The Digital Maze
Creativity for Good
The winner will be able to demonstrate how their product, project or organisation has contributed to the betterment of lives through creative means.
Judged By: Kerry Andrews (The Level Centre)
- Sonam Sandhu - Fitness Classes with Sonam
- Bethany Sheldon - Maison Foo
- Ava Hunt - Ava Hunt Theatre CIO / Sinfonia Viva, Orchestra LIVE & DVS
Putting Derby/Derbyshire on the Map
We know that Derby & Derbyshire is full of incredible digital and creative people. The winner will be someone making us proud in how they are flying the flag for our region.
Judged By: Paul Simpson (Derby City Council)
- Sarah Bulmer - Derby Days Out
- Paul Handley - Bearded Badger Publishing Company
Digital/Creative Ambassador of the Year 2021
The Digital/Creative Ambassador of the Year will be a champion for Derby/Derbyshire, focused on making the city and region a great place for digital & creative businesses to set-up and thrive.
To be voted for by the Mainframe Community here
- Lynne Hollingsworth - Lynne Hollingsworth Artist
- Gez Addictive - Alpha Pro Creative / Addictive Philosophy
- Claire R Zwozny-Bestwick - CRZyBest
A Huge Thank You!
It has been a wonderful way to connect with a whole new wave of digital and creative people in our region and we'd like to give a huge thank you to all of you who took the time to enter. The number and quality of the entries for the awards this year have been amazing.
We'd also like to thank our Judges who deliberated long and hard over the entries for their category to reach the shortlist they have.